26 Feb 6 Tips for Choosing the Right Equipment with AVS
When it comes to hardware options in vending and micro markets, there are tons of options to choose from. Whether you are looking at vending machines, micro market kiosks, credit card readers, locks, fridges, etc., you have more choices than ever. Getting the right equipment is necessary for a successful operation. You need a partner and equipment that brings value, reliability, and enjoyment for your customers.
We sat down with Tom Vogt of AVS Companies and got his 6 tips for choosing the right equipment:
1. Focus on High-Quality Equipment: Pay attention to the track record of the piece of equipment, the recommendation from the distributor, and the serviceability factor. You need high quality equipment to run a successful operation.
2. Research Online, Purchase in Person: Searching for your equipment online is a great place to start. Once you’ve narrowed your choices down to a few options, check out the equipment in person. There are some attributes you can gauge only by seeing the equipment up close.
3. The Higher Capacity, the Better: The vending and micro market industry is very labor intensive. If you can get a piece of equipment with high capacity, you can service it less frequently. Fewer visits means less money spent on labor and travel.
4. Keep a Steady Backstock: It’s a good idea to always have some pieces of equipment in stock in case of an emergency. Distributors carry equipment for you to purchase, but it’s always good to have some backup parts in a pinch.
5. Visit Manufacturer Websites: Before purchasing equipment from a distributor, checkout the manufacturer’s website. These websites can have additional information about the equipment that you might find useful.
6. Choose a Responsive Partner: Make sure the manufacturer you choose to do business with is responsive. Try giving them a call or shooting them an email to see how quickly the respond. The better relationship they have with you and your supplier, the better off you’ll be.