Standing on the forefront of San Antonio’s blossoming tech district, Parlevel transforms food and beverage organizations through remarkable processes, outstanding products, and legendary customer service. Our offices are located in Southtown San Antonio – walking distance from the Blue Star Arts Complex and some awesome entertainment, eateries, and bars. We offer competitive salaries, health insurance, vision and dental plans, mental and spiritual fulfillment, and a casual dress code. Launched in 2013, Parlevel has become the backbone of hundreds of businesses around the world.
Sr. Software Engineer
- 5+ years hands-on experience building highly-scalable, secure, robust web applications and/or mobile optimized sites
- Strong familiarity with PHP MVC Frameworks, especially Laravel
- Proven experience with multiple RDBMS and solid understanding of database design principles
- Experience in MySQL database design and administration, proven ability to write raw SQL queries
- Experienced with shell scripting and Linux administration (web server/networking/IP/hardware)
- Proven ability to use front end frameworks/libraries like AngularJS / React / jQuery
- Experience mentoring software engineers
- Must be able to take initiative, work independently and be innovative
- Demonstrated ability to meet project timelines and collaborate in a team environment
- Some experience in AngularJS
- Experience with relational database design using ORM (preferably on MySQL or PostgreSQL), RESTful APIs, and JSON structures
- Basic knowledge of MongoDB as well as DB performance optimization
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies (SCRUM)
- Experience leading code review in an agile environment
- Experience in testing and debugging
- Excellent customer service attitude
What You Will Be Doing
- Design and develop world-class software based on requirements generated by the Product Manager
- Collaborate with Product Owners
- Guide and train Software Engineers
- Help architect and build scalable, responsive and secure web applications and features
- Perform requirements analysis, systems analysis, code creation, testing, code review, build/release technical documentation and customer technical support.
- Integrate newly developed software with existing systems
- Perform hotfixes and bug fixes as needed
- Shape the future of unattended retail by developing a sales funnel for a high-potential product.
- Work in a fast-paced, positive culture housed in buzzing Southtown San Antonio.
- Become a part of and make connections within San Antonio’s quickly expanding tech scene.
- Expand your business prowess by working closely with many departments inside a rapidly growing company.
- Flexible schedule and flexible time off.
- The opportunity for travel.
- A compensation package consisting of both salary and commission based on professional experience.
- A competitive salary, health insurance, vision and dental plans, mental and spiritual fulfillment, and a casual dress code.