Standing at the forefront of San Antonio’s blossoming tech district, Parlevel transforms food and beverage organizations through remarkable processes, outstanding products, and legendary customer service. Our offices are located in Southtown San Antonio – walking distance from the Blue Star Arts Complex and some awesome entertainment, eateries, and bars. We offer competitive salaries, health insurance, vision and dental plans, mental and spiritual fulfillment, and a casual dress code. Launched in 2013, Parlevel has become the backbone of hundreds of businesses around the world.
Sr. Software Engineer
- 5+ years hands-on experience building highly-scalable, secure, robust web applications and/or mobile-optimized sites
- Strong familiarity with PHP MVC Frameworks, especially Laravel
- Proven experience with multiple RDBMS and a solid understanding of database design principles
- Experience in MySQL database design and administration, proven ability to write raw SQL queries
- Experienced with shell scripting and Linux administration (web server/networking/IP/hardware)
- Proven ability to use front end frameworks/libraries like Angular, AngularJS, React, jQuery
- Experience mentoring software engineers
- Must be able to take initiative, work independently and be innovative
- Demonstrated ability to meet project timelines and collaborate in a team environment
- Some experience in AngularJS
- Experience with relational database design using ORM (preferably on MySQL), RESTful APIs, and JSON structures
- DB performance optimization
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies (SCRUM)
- Experience leading code reviews in an agile environment
- Experience in testing and debugging
What You Will Be Doing
- Design and develop world-class software based on requirements generated by the Product Manager
- Collaborate with Product Owners
- Help architect and build scalable, responsive and secure web applications and features
- Perform requirements analysis, systems analysis, code creation, testing, code review, build/release technical documentation and customer technical support.
- Integrate newly developed software with existing systems
- Perform hotfixes and bug fixes as needed
- Guide and train Software Engineers when required
- Market-leading salaries and earned bonuses.
- Health insurance, vision and dental plans.
- 401k program with company matching.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Company paid life insurance.
- Extensive paid time off and sick leave.
- Shape the future of unattended retail by developing a sales funnel for a high-potential product.
- Work in a fast-paced, positive culture housed in buzzing Southtown San Antonio.
- Expand your business prowess by working closely with many departments inside a rapidly growing company.